ARISE 2017 Application
The Center for K12 STEM Education at NYU Tandon School of Engineering is accepting applications for our fourth cohort of NYC high school students to participate in Applied Research Innovations in Science and Engineering (ARISE), a free summer research program in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines. In addition to performing authentic research while being mentored by a graduate student and/or faculty member in a faculty lab on NYU’s campus, students are taught public speaking skills, complete a presentation on their work, and learn about the history and ethics of science and research. Some of the previous ninety ARISE participants have continued their research into the school year, co-authored scientific papers, attended professional conferences, or entered science competitions based on their work.
Please forward this email directly to eligible students and interested adults or use the icons, below, to share this announcement on Facebook or Twitter. The application deadline is 5PM, March 1st, 2017.
We are looking for:
- New York City residents who are completing 10th or 11th grade in June 2017.
- Academically prepared, highly motivated students.
- Applicants with a passion for science, technology, engineering and math.
- Students who will attend the entire program, full time, from July 5, 2017 to August 18, 2017.
- Responsible students who have demonstrated: an ability to make and fulfill commitments, timeliness and persistence.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit the program’s website here.