All kids entering 7th and 12th grade must have the meningococcal vaccine. Without it, they can’t start school.
About the Vaccine:
- It’s not a new vaccine. It’s been recommended for a decade.
- Most parents already choose to vaccinate their children.
- What’s new is that the vaccine will be required for school entry
as of Sept. 1, 2017.
About Meningococcal Disease:
- It causes bacterial meningitis and other serious diseases.
- Teens and young adults are at greater risk.
- It comes on quickly and without warning.
- Its symptoms are similar to the flu.
- Every case of this disease can result in death or
Check with your doctor. Even kids who have had a shot before may
need a booster to start school.
To learn more, visit