Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York (CCC) has an exciting opportunity for up to two members of your school or community group! Community service credit is available as well as expanding leadership and civic engagement opportunities. Please find attached more information, as well as the application packet.
CCC is a multi-issue child advocacy organization that seeks to ensure that every child is healthy, housed, educated, and safe. YouthAction NYC engages New York City youth from diverse backgrounds in civic participation and advocacy. Students who participate in the YCLC will:
- Gain the skills to advocate on behalf of themselves, their schools, and their communities.
- Learn how to conduct hands-on research, such as public polling and site visits.
- Meet with government officials to discuss their ideas for improving New York City.
- Become better leaders through problem solving and critical thinking.
- Strengthen their communication and public speaking skills.
- Make lifelong friends with the diverse group of peers in the program!
The Spring 2017 YCLC will begin on Monday, March 6th. Because space is limited, I urge you to disseminate the attached information to students and families as soon as possible. Attached you will find a) a flyer to hang and distribute; b) a letter with more information for school and/or community leaders; c) a separate letter for guardians; d) a permission slip and; e) an application for the students to fill out and return to me no later than Friday, February 17th. More specific instructions on applying and returning paperwork can be found within these documents.
Students may also access the application forms and other information about the YCLC at the Citizens’ Committee for Children website:
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at 212.673.1800 X 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Civic Engagement Programs
Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York
14 Wall St., Suite 4E
New York, NY 10005
(212) 673-1800 x. 20