Get a jump start on your student’s future! Rutgers University New Brunswick’s Pre-College Summer Programs offer a chance for your student to study at one of the nation’s top research universities.
Why Enroll in a Pre-College Program?
- Prepare for the academic rigors of college
- Gain a competitive advantage for college admission
- Explore interests and possible majors
- Earn credits toward your college degree
- Experience what it’s like to attend a major university
- Learn from award-winning faculty
- Take a prerequisite for an advanced course before entering college
Learn more about our pre-college summer programs at an upcoming information session.
SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
High-achieving students entering their junior or senior year can attend college success workshops and take up to two college courses before entering college to challenge themselves, prepare for college admission, and get a jump start on their degree. Choose from over 150 introductory level courses in a wide range of subjects offered each summer at Rutgers— New Brunswick, the New Jersey shore, and online. Areas of study range from African American to women’s and gender studies. College success workshops include topics like The College Application Process, Time Management, and more! Gifted students under 16 may also be considered for this program on a case-by-case basis.
Students ages 16-18, can explore their interest in engineering, STEM, or leadership during intensive one-week residential academies.
- Learn about engineering through an integrated program of lectures, demonstrations, hands-on projects, tours, and field trips with the Pre-Engineering Academy (July 9-15). Attend the iSTEM Academy (July 16-22), an interdisciplinary, problem-based program of STEM lectures, individual research, hands-on group projects, faculty coaching, field trips, and guest speakers.
- Discover how to further develop the leader within you and set goals that put you on the path to an ideal future at the Leadership Academy (July 23-29).
Graduating high school seniors can get an early start on college the summer before they begin. Choose from thousands of courses in a wide range of fields. This is a great way to get prerequisites out of the way or just get familiar with college. We recommend that you speak with an academic advisor before registering for any courses.